Cash Receipt forms serve as the source document for recording a transaction in the Banner Finance System. The top section of the form is used by General Accounting to enter the receipts into Banner using the fund/org number, account code, and description provided on each line.
Cash Receipt forms provide confirmation of the deposit with the Cashier’s Office as well as documentation to support the bank deposit. The bottom section of the form is used by the Cashier’s Office to confirm the amounts deposited by the department according to type of receipt (checks, currency, or coin) and provides a validation of the deposit for each department’s records.
The university uses a 3-part Cash Receipt form to submit deposits. Forms may be obtained from the Supply Room Companies’ punchout catalog in eVA, Virginia’s web-based purchasing system.
Log into eVA at: http://www.eva.va.state.us
- Proceed to the add items page.
- Select the punchout catalog option.
- Type “Supply Room” in the Search box, then click the Search button.
- Click on “Supply Room for GMU USE ONLY”.
- Enter “GMU” in the search box under Quick Search on the left, then click the Go button.
- The Cash Receipt form is located near the bottom of the second page.
- The listing reads “GMU 95, Receipt, Cash, PK/25, price $2.79.
- Enter the number of packages of 25 to be ordered in the rectangle on the right.
- Select the red “Add to Cart” button.
- Complete the order.
- The forms should be delivered the next business day if the order is placed before 4pm.
The preferred method of payment is the GMU P-Card.
Click here to view the document, “eVA Quick Reference for Punchout Catalog Orders – Paid for with the P-Card”.